Sunday 21 October 2007

Revamp(ire)

As you've probably noticed (with your eyes), we have spectacular new artwork over here at Mutant Rock. Once more, it's the unholy brainchild of Andy (also responsible for the glum little quiff chap over there and the grand art on the Mutant Brain). It's a feast for the eyes to rival the feast for the ears that I keep attaching to these typed piles of waffle.

Show your appreciation, applaud the screen. And possibly comment on it (or, indeed, on anything). There may well be a link to further examples of such unbridled artistic talent, just as soon as I have his kind permission to do so.

Whilst I'm here, I may as well take a moment to advertise the upcoming aural delights. There will be more Medway mixtures (the remainder of the Powerhouses, and maybe more), Scotland's finest garage exponents The Gravedigger V, the X-Men 7" I promised a while back, perhaps some assorted garage compilations of uncertain association and variable quality, more wild and crazy Psychobilly (I'm feeling in a Lost Souls mood), not to mention the completion of the world's most bizarrely arranged compilation series, Cream of the Cats.

All this and much, much more (I haven't even got round to the Girl Trouble singles, or dug into the oozing heap of Mono Men records, or any of the other things I have nebulously planned in my overloaded mind).

Whilst we wait, have a listen to my musical obsession du jour, Graham Day and the Gaolers. All the hallmarks of the typical Graham Day genius - ten seconds in and you feel like you're listening to an old favourite that you want to sing along to, despite not knowing the words because it's the first time you've ever heard it.





The album is out later this month on Damaged Goods, so be a good mutant and make sure you buy it.

No comments: